CSIR UGC NET 2024 or CSIR NET 2024 (CSIR UGC NET JRF & LS Exam) notification has been released by the National Testing Agency on its official web portal, https://csirnet.nta.nic.in.
As one of the most prestigious exams in India, the CSIR NET 2024 is a highly competitive exam that opens up numerous opportunities in the field of research and teaching.
The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts the National Eligibility Test (NET) for determining the eligibility of candidates for lectureship and for awarding Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) to Indian nationals.
CSIR UGC NET examination
The key to progress is scientific research, and if you want to be part of it, you should aim to get a seat in a nationally reputed institute. One excellent way to achieve this is by passing the CSIR UGC NET examination, which is conducted by the NTA.
This examination is an excellent platform for those interested in research and becoming a future scientist. If you qualify for the CSIR UGC NET examination, you will have the opportunity to receive a stipend and pursue your research interests.
You can also compete for assistant positions in research. For more information on the recent announcement and the background details, please refer to the relevant sources.
What is the CSIR UGC NET 2024
CSIR UGC NET is a national-level exam conducted twice a year for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and eligibility for lectureship at universities and colleges across India.
The exam is conducted by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC).
National Testing Agency, NTA would start the registration process for CSIR NET 2024 on its web portal. Candidates who want to apply for the examination can visit the official site of NTA at https://csirnet.nta.nic.in/ or csirhrdg.res.in to apply.
Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) conducts CSIR NET twice a year – June and December (CSIR UGC NET June Exam and CSIR UGC NET December Exam).
CSIR UGC NET Details
|Name Of The Exam||CSIR UGC NET 2024|
|Conducting Agency Name||National Testing Agency|
|Title||CSIR NET Notification 2024 Download|
|Subject||CSIR UGC NET 2024 notification|
|Full-Form||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research UGC National Eligibility Test|
|Name Of The Department||Council of Scientific and Industrial Research|
|Exam Date||June 2024|
CSIR UGC NET 2024 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for CSIR UGC NET 2024, candidates must meet the following criteria:
a. Educational Qualification
- Candidates must have a Master’s degree or its equivalent in any branch of Science or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Medicine or its equivalent.
- The minimum marks required in the qualifying examination are 55% for General/OBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
b. Age Limit
- For JRF, the maximum age limit is 28 years as of January 1, 2024. There is no age limit for lectureship.
- Age relaxation is provided to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
CSIR UGC NET 2024 Application Process
The application process for CSIR UGC NET 2024 is expected to start in March 2024. Candidates can apply online on the official website of CSIR.
The application fee for General candidates is Rs. 1000, for OBC candidates is Rs. 500, and for SC/ST/PwD candidates is Rs. 250.
CSIR UGC NET Exam Pattern
The CSIR UGC NET Exam is conducted in two sessions – morning and afternoon. The morning session is for Life Sciences and Physical Sciences, while the afternoon session is for Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences.
The exam consists of a single paper with multiple choice questions (MCQs). The total marks for the exam are 200, and the duration of the exam is 3 hours. There is negative marking for wrong answers.
Syllabus for CSIR UGC NET 2024
The CSIR UGC NET 2024 exam syllabus is vast and covers various topics related to the candidate’s post-graduation degree. The following are the topics covered in the CSIR UGC NET 2024 exam:
The test will be conducted for the following subjects:
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Exam for Life Science and Physical Science will be conducted in the morning session and the exam for Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, and Earth, Atmospheric, Ocean and Planetary Sciences will be conducted in the afternoon session.
To prepare effectively for the exam, candidates must thoroughly understand the syllabus and focus on the topics that are essential for the exam.
Preparing for the CSIR NET 2024 exam can be challenging, but with the right strategy and approach, it’s possible to crack the exam with flying colors. Here are some preparation tips that can help you prepare for the CSIR NET 2024 exam:
- Know the Syllabus: As mentioned earlier, the syllabus for the exam varies depending on the subject chosen by the candidate. Therefore, it is crucial to know the syllabus before starting your preparation.
- Create a Study Plan: A well-structured study plan can help you cover all the topics in the syllabus and revise them before the exam.
- Solve Previous Year Papers: Solving previous year papers can help you understand the exam pattern, types of questions, and difficulty level of the exam.
- Refer to Standard Books: Referring to standard books recommended by experts can help you understand the concepts and theories in-depth.
- Take Mock Tests: Taking mock tests can help you evaluate your preparation and identify your strengths and weaknesses.
As per rules, candidates who clear the CSIR NET to pursue research get a stipend. The stipend for junior research fellows (JRF) is Rs.31,000 per month for the first two years, it is increased when the candidate research post of senior research fellow.
How to Apply for CSIR UGC NET:
- The candidates need to visit the official website of CSIR NET
- Go to the link that reads CSIR NET Registration process
- Candidates need to register themselves on the official link by entering the name and email id
- The candidates will have to use the same id and password to fill the application form
- Upload the photograph and signatures after this
- Download the application form after finally submitting the application fee through offline or online means
FAQs on CSIR NET
Why to conduct the CSIR NET?
CSIR UGC NET is a test being conducted to determine the eligibility ‘for Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and for Lectureship/Assistant Professor’ in Indian universities and colleges.
Who is eligible for CSIR NET?
The basic CSIR UGC NET eligibility criteria that candidates must fulfill the Candidates should obtain a degree in BTech/BE/BPharma/MBBS/BS (4 years)/Integrated BS-MS/MSc with a minimum of 55 percent marks. To apply for JRF, candidates should be a maximum of 28 years of age. There is no upper age limit to apply for the post of lectureship. Candidates should have passed from any recognized college or university.
What is the age limit of CSIR NET?
For JRF, the maximum age limit is 28 years as on July 1, 2021 but is is relaxable up to five years in case of SC, ST, third gender, PwD and female candidates and three years in case of OBC-NCL applicants. There is no age limit for lectureship and assistant professor.
What is the education qualification of CSIR NET?
Candidates must have cleared MSc or equivalent degree, integrated BS-MS, BS four years, BE, BTech or BPharma. Those willing to apply for JRF must also have done MBBS with at least 55 per cent marks for general (UR), general-EWS and OBC candidates and 50 per cent for SC, ST, third gender and PwD candidates. Those whose BE, BS, BTech, BPharma or MBBS final results are awaited are eligible to apply for fellowship only.
When will CSIR UGC NET 2023 be conducted?
The exact dates for CSIR UGC NET 2023 have not been announced yet. However, it is expected to be held in the second half of the year.
How many times is CSIR UGC NET conducted in a year?
CSIR UGC NET is conducted twice a year – in June and December.
Can final year students apply for CSIR UGC NET?
Yes, final year students can apply for CSIR UGC NET. However, they must fulfill the eligibility criteria at the time of admission.
Is there any negative marking in the CSIR UGC NET exam?
Yes, there is negative marking in the CSIR UGC NET exam. For each incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
How can I apply for CSIR UGC NET 2023?
You can apply for CSIR UGC NET 2024 online through the official website of CSIR.
CSIR NET 2024 is a national-level exam that is conducted twice a year for the award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and eligibility for lectureship at universities and colleges across India.
Candidates who are interested in pursuing a career in research or teaching can apply for this exam. We hope this article has provided you with all the information you need to know about CSIR NET. Good luck with your preparation!
|CSIR NET Info||CSIR UGC NET info|
|CSIR NET||CSIR UGC NET for JRF & LS, Apply online at csirnet.nta.nic.in|
|CSIR NET Registration||CSIR UGC NET Online Application, How to Apply at csirnet.nta.nic.in|
|CSIR NET Application Correction||CSIR UGC NET Online Application Correction Process window|
|CSIR NET Exam Date||CSIR UGC NET Exam Date announced on csirnet.nta.nic.in|
|CSIR NET Admit Card||CSIR UGC NET Admit Card download From csirnet.nta.nic.in|
|CSIR NET Answer Key||CSIR UGC NET Answer Key, How to Raise Your Objections at www.csirhrdg.res.in|
|CSIR NET Final Key||CSIR UGC NET Final Answer Key download|
|CSIR NET Result||CSIR UGC NET Result, How to Check CSIR NET Score at csirnet.nta.nic.in|