NCERT NTSE FAQs – National Talent Search Examination Frequently Asked Questions. The NTSE scholarship under the present scheme awarded to the candidates for pursuing courses in science and social science up to doctoral level and in professional courses like medicine and engineering up to second-degree level subject to the fulfillment of the conditions provided in this brochure.
As on date, 2000 scholarships are awarded in the country with reservation of 15 percent for SC, 7.5 percent for ST and 27 percent for other backward classes and 4 percent for a group of students with benchmark disabilities.
NCERT NTSE FAQs
- What is this scheme about?
This scheme is aimed at the identification of talented students and awarding them a scholarship to pursue their further studies and nurture them.
- How old is this scheme?
The scheme is almost as old as NCERT; In 1963 the scheme was introduced as National Science Talent Search Scheme.
- How long successful candidates will be getting The awardees studying in Sciences, scholarship?
The awardees studying 1n Sciences, scholarship Social Sciences, Humanities, Languages Commerce, vocational studies and fine arts are eligible to receive a scholarship up to Ph.D. level whereas the awardees studying professional courses 1n medicines, engineering, technology, management, and law, are eligible to receive the scholarship up to second-degree level.
- How talented students identify?
Talented students are identified through the two-tier examination process.
- What is this two-tier examination scheme?
This is a scheme in which an exam is conducted in two stages.
- Who conducts first level examination?
NTS Stage-one is conducted by states and union territories. The purpose of this exam is to screen the number of candidates for the Second level exam to be conducted by NCERT.
- Who conducts this second level National examination?
National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) conducts this examination.
- What is the criterion for selection to stage-II examination?
There is a quota earmarked for all the states/ UTs. The state quota lS computed on the basis of the student's enrolment at the secondary level with a minimum of 10 for union territory and 25 for a state.
- When can one appear for NTS Stage-I Examination?
Currently, NTS Scheme is open to the students who are presently studying in Class X.
- Does this scheme available for other classes also?
- How many scholarships are awarded every year?
Every year about 2000 scholarships are awarded.
- Is there any reservation for scholarships?
Yes, there is a provision of reservation for SC and ST candidates based on national norms of 15 percent and 7.5 percent.