POLYCET is a Polytechnic common entrance test conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Hyderabad for admission into Diploma level programmes conducted in Government,aided, Private unaided polytechnics and polytechnics run in existing Private unaided Engineering Colleges. Every candidate desirous of seeking admission into Engineering/Non – Engineering Diploma courses can apply through online for AP POLYCET 2019. No separate application form for admission is prescribed. The filled in application for AP POLYCET 2019 itself is an application for admission.
AP POLYCET 2019 Exam date released: The exam date for the Andhra Pradesh Polytechnic Common Entrance Test (POLYCET) has been released by the Andhra Pradesh State Board of Technical Education and Training (AP SBTET). All those who are interested in the same are required to get themselves registered at the official website polycetap.nic.in from March 01. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on April 12 from 11 am to 1 pm. Last year, the results were declared on May 8. POLYCET is a Polytechnic common entrance test conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training, Vijayawada for admission into engineering/non-engineering diploma level programmes conducted in government, aided, private, un-aided polytechnics and second shift polytechnics run in existing private un-aided engineering colleges.
Aspirants should have passed SSC examination conducted by State Board of Secondary Education, Andhra Pradesh/Telangana or any other examination recognised as equivalent thereto by the Board of Secondary Education, A.P/TS such as CBSE, ICSE, NIOS, AP Open School Society (APOSS), 10 class examination conducted by various state boards of secondary education in India with mathematics as one of the subjects, and obtained at least 35 per cent marks in the qualifying examination. Those who appeared or are appearing for SSC or equivalent examination being held in March/April-2019, and whose results are yet to be declared can also apply. There is no age restriction for appearing for POLYCET
Exam Paper pattern and scheme
The duration of the exam will be two hours.
There will be only one paper as per the syllabus in the subjects of mathematics, physics and chemistry of class 10 (SSC) examination.
The question paper consists of 120 questions with a choice of four responses for each question:
Mathematics: 60 questions (60 marks)
Physics: 30 questions (30 marks)
Chemistry: 30 questions (30 marks)
Last date for sale of AP POLYCET booklet and online registration: April 21
AP POLYCET 2019 Exam date: April 30
For admission into the Diploma Courses like Hotel Management and Catering Technology, D.Pharmacy, the entry qualification is 10 + 2 is the entry qualification Candidates need not appear AP POLYCET – 2019 for admission into these courses. A separate notification will be issued for admission to these Diploma Courses.
Examination fee / Application Fee:
Rs.400 is fee payable by applicants for appearing for POLYCET examination for all categories of students.
Required Documents to apply:
a. 10th class hall ticket
b. Passport size Colour photo
c. Aadhar card
d. Mobile number to which department can send the communication
e. Email ID to which department can send the communication
f. Income certificate if you want to apply for scholarship
g. White ration card if you want to apply for scholarship
h. Caste certificate if you want to apply for scholarship
i. Local status details
j. Saderem certificate No. if applicable
Procedure for Applying:
01. Documents Required: 10th class Hall Ticket Number, Appeared Year, DOB, Photo, Aadhaar /Mobile /E-mail ID, Income and SADAREM Certificate(optional)
02. Fill the Form: Keep the documents and details ready before you start to fill the form.
03. Pay Fee: Use credit/debit card to make payment online
04. Transaction Complete: Once payment is completed, you will receive the Hall Ticket instantly as PDF or through email
HOW TO APPLY for AP POLYCET 2019?
1. For convenience of the candidate ONLINE filling of application for POLYCET-2019 is facilitated by the State Board of Technical Education and Training, A.P. Hyderabad.
2. Student can approach any of the nearest aponline/meeseva/payment gateway/net banking/Help line centers (Polytechnics).
3. For any query the candidate may contact the Principal of the respective HLC(Help Line Centers)
4. List of AP Online centres can be seen from https://polycetap.nic.in/(Open in Internet Explorer Browser) or http://sbtet.ap.gov.in or http://aponline.gov.in
5. All the Helpline centres will work under the guidance of respective Coordinators.
6. Purchase a POLYCET 2019 application booklet with Application form by paying Rs 20/-only.
Modes of Application Submission
There are around 93 Help centers facilitated across Andhra Pradesh state. Reach out the nearest facilitation center. You can get list of facilitation centers information in the POLYCET
Step 1- Help Line Centers
Step 2- AP Online Centers
Step 3- Online: Through payment gate way
Steps in Application Submission
Step 1- Fill details in the Application Form
Step 2- Upload Photo & Signature
Step 3- Pay Application fee
Step 4- Download Hall Ticket
Fill in the Application form as per the guidelines:
1. First fill the 10th Class Hall ticket No., Year of pass and Date of Birth.
2. Fill your name as per school records with one letter for each box. Leave a gap between parts of your name.
3. Fill your father’s name
4. Fill in your date of birth in DD MM YYYY [Date /Month/Year] format.
5. Fill in your address details (House number, Village/street, Mandal /town/city, District, PIN code, Mobile number) for correspondence
6. Fill in the place where you would like to appear for examination. Refer the table of examination/help line centers
7. Enter the area code to which you are local to AP
8. Enter your reservation category (BC/SC/ST)
9. Enter your special category, if any ( CAP/SP/PH/NCC ).
10. Fill in minority community details (other than Hindu) as entered in your school records
11. Fill in your Willingness to appear the examination in Urdu medium. Examination in Urdu medium will be conducted only at Hyderabad, center.
12. Sign the declaration with regard to your physical fitness to pursue the polytechnic courses.
13. The filled in Application form with photograph affixed (Do not staple and do not sign on the photo) and duly signed by Parent/Guardian should be submitted to the computer operator at the nearest aponline/meeseva/payment gateway/Net Banking/Help line center with a cash payment of Rs 330/-
Instruction for filing up of Application Form for Computerization purpose
1. Application form should be filled properly and legibly by the student in his/her own hand writing with ball pen, (blue or black) in CAPITAL LETTERS only.
2. Only good quality Passport size photograph should be pasted. Please do not staple or pin the photograph. Please do not sign onthe photograph
3. Only codes should be entered inthe boxes provided against items 4, 6, 7, & 9 in the Application Form.
4. Student has to choose the town/city in which he would like to appear for examination.
5. APOSS/NIOS shall cover Mathematics, Science, Social/Computers and should be passed in all subjects with a minimum of 35% in each subject.
AP POLYCET 2019 Key dates:
Commencement of filing of online application : 01/03/2019
Last date for sale of POLYCET booklet and filing of online application: 21/04/2019
Date of conduct of POLYCET-2019 : 30/04/2019 Time: 11.00 AM to 1.00 PM