How to Apply for DOST Online Degree Admissions 2020, Registrations to till June 06. Students seeking admission into various degree courses in Telangana State will no longer have to visit the allotted college to confirm the seat as the Telangana State Council of Higher Education has introduced online self-reporting system from the academic year 2020-2020, stated the DOST Degree admission notification issued on June 22
According to the DOST notification, the council has also introduced online fee payment. “To minimize the hassle of visiting the college, we have introduced a provision for online seat confirmation and fee payment. Through the online mode, we shall collect 50 per cent of the tuition fee and forward it to the respective colleges. Remaining 50 per cent, students will have to pay at the college,” convenor of degree online services Telangana.
Telangana government will start the online application process for undergraduate courses in the universities of state from July 1 onwards. The registration and admission process will be held through Degree Online Services, Telangana (DOST) portal at dost.cgg.gov.in. Schedule of admission has also been released on the official website. According to the schedule, the classes will commence from September 1.
- Who can apply for DOST 2020:
Those who have passed the class 12th examination can apply for the admission into all Undergraduate Courses, such as B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./B.Com.(Voc)/ B.Com.(Hons)/BSW/BBA/BBM/BCA etc., offered by all the Colleges affiliated to Osmania University, Kakatiya University, Telangana University, Mahatma Gandhi University, Palamuru University and Satavahana University respectively for the Academic Year 2020- 2021.
- What is DOST ?
DOST offers single window (DOST website https://dost.cgg.gov.in) for seeking admission into any of the undergraduate courses in any of the state universities (Osmania, Kakatiya, Telangana, Palamuru, Mahatma Gandhi, Sathavahana Universities). The process of admission is simple. It is student friendly and one can do it by himself/herself. Candidate must register himself/herself by visiting the website and logging in by the Intermediate hall ticket number.
- How to apply for DOST 2020:
1. First, Visit the DOST portal at dost.cgg.gov.in
2. Register yourself by entering Aadhar number linked with mobile number
3. After the registration students will get DOST ID and PIN. The students are advised to keep their DOST ID and PIN carefully and confidentially until the end of the admission process.
4. The students shall log in using DOST ID and PIN/password to open the Application Form.
4. They must fill in the application form with all the correct details that are required (once the data is submitted it cannot be edited).
5. Then they must exercise web options by choosing the course and college of their preference by giving the priority numbers. (one must be careful while giving college and course priorities s the seats will be allotted according to the priorities specified in the options).
6. Seats will be allotted based on the merit and reservations in force.
Get Ready for DOST Degree Admissions 2020
The ‘DOST’ notification for admission to Degree College (BA, BSc and Beacom Courses) in Telangana will be released soon. Degree Online Service Telangana (DOST – List) before the announcement, It is better if the students are equipped with the necessary documents.
- Applicant must first link his Aadhaar number to mobile. Parents should link to mobile.
- The name, gender and date of birth should be updated in Aadhaar as in the Tenth / Inter memo.
- The registration amount is Rs. 200
- Aadhaar linked mobile comes with a one-time password (OTP).
- You can go into the DOST website and start the registration process.
- The hall ticket will generate the DOST ID.
- The DOST ID validity remains the same until the DOST admission process is complete.
- CND Number, Sub – Caste Certificate, Income Certificate taken on or after April 1, 2019, As well as certificates of disability, ex-servicemen, sports, NCC, etc. kept the related all certificates. It is very good to be careful. Time may not be enough to find all this.
- The student should now prepare a list of colleges he wants to join. If possible, it is very good to complete tasks such as visiting them or asking the parents of the junior who is studying there.
- Helpline centres should seek help if there are any doubts.
- Colleges should be very careful in their selection of courses even when applying.
Stages in DOST Online Degree Admissions:
Stages involve in DOST Online Degree Admissions: Registration for online degree admissions shall commence on Telangana from July 1 and conclude on July 14 as per the schedule notification. After registrations, students can exercise their web options from 06-07-2020 to 15-07-2020. The first list for allotment will released on 22-07-2020 and students will have to confirm their seats from 23-07-2020 to 27-07-2020. Classes shall commence from 01-09-2020.
Stage I: DOST Online Registrations
Stage II: DOST Web Options Entry
Stage III: DOST Seat Allotment List Results
Stage IV: DIST Reporting to Colleges
The TSCHE has also enhanced the number of help-line centres this year to the tune of 92. “Ten special DOST HLCs are established in 10 erstwhile districts of Telangana which shall look into the grievances of the students with regard to the process of admissions.
These special HLCs are established to avoid the difficulties of the students in travelling all the way to Hyderabad to solve their grievances,” read the press release issued by TSCHE.
While the Telangana intermediate re-verification results are yet to be declared and supplementary exams are yet to be conducted, the authorities assured that measures will be taken in order to ensure that all students are accommodated in degree courses.
How to Apply for DOST Online Degree Admissions 2020
- First visit the DOST Online Degree Admissions Web Portal: http://dost.cgg.gov.in.
- In this website, Click on Online Fee Payment form and pay the Fee through UG Online Admission Payment Form
- Now, Visit the DOST Home Page and Click on the UG Online Admission Form
- In this online admission form, fill the correct details in the rquired fields
Note: Inf you wish to pay for another university select pay another university and complete formalities. When you opt for another university you will not have to fill in the UG Online admission form once again To exercise web options click on ” Click for Web Options” link Print the DOST Online Admissions Registration Details
DOST Online Degree Admissions Schedule (Tentative):
Stage I: DOST Online Registrations:
- First Phase Registrations: 01-07-2020 to 14-07-2020
- Second Phase Registrations: 23-07-2020 to 29-07-2020
- Registrations: 08-08-2020 to 13-08-2020
Stage II: DOST Web Options Entry Dates:
- First Phase web options: 06-07-2020 to 15-07-2020
- Second Phase Web Options: 23-07-2020 to 30-07-2020
- Third Phase Web options: 08-08-2020 to 14-08-2020
Stage III: DOST Seat Allotment List Results:
- First Phase Seat allotment- First List: 22-07-2020
- Second Phase Seat allotment- Second List: 07-08-2020
- Third Phase Seat allotment –Final List: 19-08-2020
Stage IV: DOST Reporting College Dates:
- First Phase Online Self Reporting by candidates in I-phase: 23-07-2020 to 27-07-2020
- Second Phase Online Self Reporting by candidates in II Phase: 08-08-2020 to 12-08-2020
- Third Phase Online Self Reporting by the Candidates-Final Phase: 20-08-2020 to 21-08-2020
1. Fresh Registration (for TS-BIE Advanced Supplementary 2020 passed students and other passed students who couldn’t register so far on DOST).
2. Registrations for the candidates who got seat allotment but didn’t self-report online.
3. The candidates who got seat allotment and self-reported online but didn’t confirm in the college: 23-07-2020 to 27-07-2020
1. For Fresh Registered candidates
2. Already Registered candidates but didn’t exercise web options
3. Already exercises web options but couldn’t get a seat due to insufficient web options
4. Already college confirmed student can exercise web options of earlier recent phase without editing/update. 06-07-2020 to 15-07-2020
Seat allotment for Special Phase: 22-07-2020
- Online self-reporting (by online payment of college fee as the case may be) by students: 23-07-2020 to 27-07-2020