List of General Holidays and Optional Holidays in Telangana for the year 2020: The Telangana State Government has notified the list of general holidays and optional holidays (list of Public and optional holidays) for the year 2020. State chief secretary has released a GO with respect to the holidays’ list. Orders to this effect were issued on 21-11-2019.
The 8th of February (Second Saturday) will be a working day in view of the public holiday declared on January 1, 2020. The list contains 23 public holidays excluding Sundays and second Saturdays for government offices. While 17 optional holidays are being given for public and private enterprises under the Negotiable Instruments Act.
The State government has notified general and optional holidays to be observed by all the State government offices during the year 2020. Though government offices remain closed on all second Saturday of every month and all Sundays, February 8, 2020, a second Saturday, however, would be a working day in lieu of a holiday declared on January 1, 2020. In addition to the notified general holidays, the State government employees may avail optional holidays not exceeding five on the festival/ occasions. In case of any change of date in respect of Idu’l Fitar, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad as per the moon sighting or any other holiday declared now, it would be notified accordingly.
TS GO.No.3022, Dt: 21-11-2019 – GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
HOLIDAYS- General Holidays and Optional Holidays for the year 2020 – Notified. – GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (SPL.E) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Rt.No. 3022, DATED:21.11.2019 – ORDER: The following Notification shall be published in the next issue of Telangana extra-ordinary Gazette:
The Government of Telangana hereby notifies that during the year 2020 the days specified in Annexure-I (Part I) shall be observed as General Holidays by all the State Government Offices while the days for other occasions/festivals which fall on Sundays are shown in Annexure-I (Part II) and also notify Optional Holidays for State Government offices as shown in Annexure-II (Part I) while the days for other occasions/festivals falling on Sundays are shown in Annexure-II (Part II).
2. The State Government directs that all offices under State Government shall remain closed on all Sundays and Second Saturdays in all the months during the year 2020, except the Second Saturday (08.02.2020) in the month of February 2020 in lieu of public holiday declared on 1st January 2020.
3. In addition to the above mentioned General Holidays in Annexure I (Part I), the State Government employees may avail themselves of Optional Holidays not exceeding FIVE during the year 2020 on the festival/occasions specified in Annexure-II (Part I) to this order, at their option and irrespective of the religion to which the festival pertains. Permission to avail any of these holidays shall be applied for, in writing in advance and will normally be granted by the Superior Officer competent to grant casual leave except when the presence of an individual employee is considered necessary in exigencies of Government work.
4. The Government also directs that General Holidays shall not ipso-facto apply to the Industrial Establishment and Public Undertakings under the control of the State Government, the workmen engaged in Public Works Departments and Educational Institutions in this State. Separate orders regarding the festivals/occasions when these Institutions observe holidays shall be issued by the concerned Administrative Department of the Secretariat.
5. If there is any change of date in respect of Idu’l Fitar, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad as per the moon sight or any other holiday declared now, it shall be announced through electronic/print media. All the Departments of Secretariat, Heads of Departments and District Collectors shall take action according to such an announcement and without waiting for formal order about the change of date.
23 TS General Holidays List in 2020:
|S.No.||Occasion /Festival||Date and Day|
|1||New Year Day||January 1, 2020, Wednesday|
|2||Bhogi||January 14, 2020, Tuesday|
|3||Sankranti / Pongal||January 15, 2020, Wednesday (Under Negotiable Instruments Act also)|
|4||Maha Shivaratri||February 21, 2020, Friday (Under NI Act also)|
|5||Holi||March 9, 2020, Monday (Under NI Act also)|
|6||Ugadi||March 25, 2020, Wednesday (Under NI Act also)|
|7||Sri Rama Navami||April 2, 2020, Thursday (Under NI Act also)|
|8||Good Friday||April 10, 2020, Friday (Under NI Act also)|
|9||Dr BR Ambedkar Birthday||April 14, 2020, Tuesday (Under NI Act also)|
|10||Eidul Fitar (Ramzan)||May 25, 2020, Monday (Under NI Act also)|
|11||Following Day of Ramzan||May 26, 2020, Tuesday|
|12||Bonalu||July 20, 2020, Monday|
|13||Eidul Azha (Bakrid)||August 1, 2020, Saturday (Under NI Act also)|
|14||Sri Krishna Ashtami||August 11, 2020, Tuesday (Under NI Act also)|
|15||Independence Day||August 15, 2020, Saturday (Under NI Act also)|
|16||Vinayaka Chavithi||August 22, 2020, Saturday|
|17||Gandhi Jayanti||October 2, 2020, Friday (Under NI Act also)|
|18||Bathukamma starting Day||October 17, 2020, Saturday|
|19||Durgastami||October 24, 2020, Saturday|
|20||Eid Milad Nabi||October 30, 2020, Friday (Under NI Act also)|
|21||Kartika Purnima / Guru Nanak’s Birthday||November 30, 2020, Monday (Under NI Act also)|
|22||Christmas||December 25, 2020, Friday (Under NI Act also)|
|23||Boxing Day||December 26, 2020, Saturday.|
(Note: Annual Closing of Accounts day on April 1, 2020, and May Day on May 1, 2020, are declared as holidays under NI Act only)
Following festivals occur on Sunday and Second Saturday during 2020
|1||Republic Day||January 26, 2020, Sunday|
|2||Babu Jagjivan Ram Birthday||April 5, 2020, Sunday|
|3||Muharram||August 30, 2020, Sunday|
|4||Vijaya Dasami||October 25, 2020, Sunday|
|5||Deepavali||November 14, 2020, Second Saturday.|
17 TS Optional Holidays List in 2020:The State Government employees could avail themselves five optional holidays in 2020
|1||Birthday of Hzt Syed Mohd Juvanpuri Mahdi Maud||January 10, 2020, Friday|
|2||Kanumu||January 16, 2020, Thursday|
|3||Sri Panchami||January 30, 2020, Thursday|
|4||Shab-e Meraj||March 23, 2020, Monday|
|5||Mahaveer Jayanthi||April 6, 2020, Monday|
|6||Shab e Barat||April 9, 2020, Thursday|
|7||Shahadat Hz Ali||May 15, 2020, Thursday|
|8||Shab-e Qader||May 21, 2020, Thursday|
|9||Juma-atul wada||May 22, 2020, Friday|
|10||Ratha Yatra||June 23, 2020, Tuesday|
|11||Varalakahmi Vratham||July 31, 2020, Friday|
|12||Sravana Purnima / Fakhri Purnima||August 3, 2020, Monday|
|13||9th Muharram||August 29, 2020, Saturday|
|14||Arbayeen||October 8, 2020, Thursday|
|15||Yaz Dahum Shareef||November 27, 2020, Friday|
|16||Christmas Eve||December 24, 2020, Thursday|
|17||Parsi New Year’s Day||August 16, 2020, Sunday.|
The Following Festivals occur on Sunday during 2020
|1||Basava Jayanthi||April 26, 2020, Sunday|
|2||Eid-E-Ghadeer||August 9, 2020, Sunday|
|3||Parsi New Year’s Day||August 16, 2020, Sunday.|
1) Birthday of Hazrath Ali (R.A) on 09.03.2020 (Monday) which would have been Optional Holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Holi.
2) Maharnavami on 24.10.2020 (Saturday) which would have been Optional Holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Durgastami
3) Naraka Chathurdhi on 14.11.2020 which would have been optional holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Deepavali.