JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2022. The Joint Entrance Examinations (JEE) are conducted annually to select students for admission to various technical institutions across the country. They are held in 4 stages JEE main which is conducted by the NTA and JEE advanced which is held by a different IIT every year. For more details are available at https://jeemain.nta.nic.in.
Eligibility: Candidates need to score at least 75 per cent in their class 12 board examinations or be in the top 20 percentile of their Boards to be eligible for JEE main or advanced. For candidates of the SC and ST categories, this has been lowered to 65 per cent. JEE advanced further requires that the candidates score high in JEE main and rank among the top 2,24,000 candidates.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2022: The candidate must have been born on or after October 1, 1994. Candidates interested in applying need to be intermediate or class 12 pass from a recognised board and must have appeared and qualified in class 12th examination or should appear in the class 12 examination in the current year.
Admission criteria for IIT: The number of attempts for JEE Main is limited to 3. Admission criteria to undergraduate engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded technical institutions, institutions funded by participating state governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main).
The Paper 1 (BE/BTech) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs.
Aadhar mandatory: Moreover, NTA has made it mandatory to have an Aadhar card to apply for the exam. Candidates who already have an Aadhar card will have to enter their Aadhar number in their application form. Those who have applied for their Aadhar but have not received it yet will have to provide Aadhar enrolment id in the application form.
Exam fee: The exam fee ranges from Rs 1,000 for general category boys to 250 for the reserved category. For those appearing for both paper 1 and paper 2, the fee ranges from Rs 1,800 to Rs 650.
JEE Main syllabus: The Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Main information bulletin is out and engineering aspirants who plan to appear in the exam can submit their application forms as per schedule.
|1) Sets, relations and functions|
2) Complex numbers and quadratic equations
3) Matrices and determinants
4) Permutations and combinations
5) Mathematical induction
6) Binomial theorem and its simple applications
7) Sequences and series
8) Limit, continuity and differentiability
9) Integral calculus
10) Differential equations
11) Co-ordinate geometry – straight lines and circles, conic sections
12) Three-dimensional geometry
13) Vector algebra
14) Statistics and probability
16) Mathematical reasoning
|1) Physics and measurement|
3) Laws of motion
4) Work, energy and power
5) Rotational motion
7) Properties of solids and liquids
9) Kinetic theory of gases
10) Electronic devices
11) Oscillations and waves
13) Communication systems
14) Current electricity
15) Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
16) Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
17) Electromagnetic waves
19) Dual nature of matter and radiation
20) Atoms and nuclei
21) Electronic devices
22) Communication systems
1) Some basic concepts in chemistry
2) States of matter
3) Atomic structure
4) Chemical bonding and molecular structure
5) Chemical thermodynamics
8) Redox reactions and electrochemistry
9) Chemical kinetics
10) Surface chemistry
1) Classification of elements and periodicity in properties
3) Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals)
4) Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements
5) D – and f – block elements
6) Co-ordination compounds
7) Environmental chemistry
8) General principles and processes of isolation of metals
1) Purification and characterisation of organic compounds
3) Chemistry in everyday life
4) Principles related to practical chemistry
5) Organic compounds containing halogens
6) Organic compounds containing oxygen
7) Organic compounds containing nitrogen
9) Some basic principles of organic chemistry
Exam pattern: Paper 1 is for candidates appearing for admission to BE and BTech courses. It will contain objective type questions (both online and offline) in physics, chemistry and mathematics. Paper 2 is conducted for students who wish to pursue BArch or BPlan. This paper will solely be conducted in the pen and paper mode and will include objective type questions in mathematics, an aptitude test and a drawing test.
Languages: The papers will be conducted in English and Hindi mediums, except in Gujarat, Daman&Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli where the paper will also be conducted in Gujarati.
JEE Main Exam Dates/Exam Schedule: The NTA would conduct the JEE main January exam in January first week and NTA would conduct the JEE main April exam in April first week
Application process: Candidates who wish to apply for the JEE main can do so from the official portal of the exam at jeemain.nic.in. A portal for the JEE advanced examination has also been opened and candidates can stay updated about the exams by visiting jeeadv.ac.in.
Online test: The entire JEE Main exam will be conducted in a computer-based test mode. The examination will consist of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2 -and each of the papers will be held for a three hours duration.
Courses: Clearing the JEE mains and advanced papers will give candidates access for admission to Bachelor of Technology (BTech), Bachelor of Engineering (BE) and Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) courses at Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT), National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) across India.
Note: The aspiring candidates are requested to download the information bulletin from the above-mentioned website only and read the same carefully before applying. The eligibility criteria for JEE (Main) & JEE (Advanced) are different.
The candidates are requested to read the information bulletin carefully and ensure their eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main) and JEE (Advanced). The aspiring candidates have to apply online only through JEE (Main) website www.jeemain.nic.in. The online application process has been started.
Steps to make corrections in the photo for JEE Main:
- Step 1: Log on to the official website, jeemain.nic.in
- Step 2: On the homepage, under the “Current Events” column, click on the notification titled “Remove Discrepancy in Uploaded Image(s)”
- Step 3: Enter your application number and password
- Step 4: Click on “Login”
- Step 5: Read all important instructions and follow the steps to make the changes and/or edit your picture or signature scan
- Step 6: Save your application after editing
The Joint Entrance Exam is conducted every year for candidates seeking admissions in Under Graduate Engineering programmes in the prestigious IITs, NITs, IIITs and various other CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutions) across the country.