NTA JEE Main Exam 2020 for admission into NITs, IIITs and other engineering, architecture courses. National Testing Agency (NTA) is all set to begin the application process for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main for admission to undergraduate engineering and architecture colleges across the country. Candidates can apply for the same at jeemain.nic.in or nta.ac.in.
Chances to be introduced: The JEE Main will be mandatory for foreign-nationals seeking admissions to NITs, IIITs and other government-funded engineering colleges in India.
The first session will be held in January and the second session in April.
JEE Main April 2020 Exam: NTA will start the online registration process of JEE Main April 2020 examination from February 7 on its official website, the link for which is jeemain.nta.nic.in. The last date to apply for JEE Main April 2020 examination is March 7.
As per the official notice released by NTA, all the applicants can upload the images and pay the application fees for JEE Main 2020 April examination till March 8. As per the deadline, the students can now register for the April JEE Main 2020 examination till March 07, 2020.
For submission of online application form of April JEE Main 2020 for admission to Undergraduate Programs in NITs, IIITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) etc. in the next academic year (2020-2021)
Admission criteria to undergraduate engineering programs at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI), Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main).
Syllabus for JEE Main 2020: All the candidate who will be appearing for the JEE (Main) April 2020 can check the detailed syllabus of the examination from here – JEE Main Exam Syllabus.
JEE Main Exam 2020 Schedule (April JEE Main II Exam):
- Online submission of Application Form: February 7 to March 07
- Successful final transaction of fee: February 7 to March 07 (through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI and PAYTM Service up to 11.50 p.m.)
- Correction in particulars: 14.03.2020 to 20.03.2020 (upto 11.50 p.m.)
There has been no change in other details of the examination and students can refer to the JEE Main April 2020 notification, for further details. For more updates and the latest news related to JEE Main exam, students are advised to keep visiting the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in.
JEE Main I Exam January 2020 Application Submission starts in September & JEE Main II Exam April 2020 Application Submission Starts in February
JEE Main 2020 Exam pattern:
JEE Main is for both Engineering and Architecture entrance.
- The engineering entrance exam(JEE Main Paper-I) will have three parts – a. mathematics, b. physics and c. chemistry with equal weightage.
- while the architecture entrance exam (JEE Main Paper-II) is will be divided into two parts – a. part one will be a computer-based test with mathematics and aptitude test and b. part II will be a drawing test.
- The engineering exam will consist of 90 questions, each for four marks. The exam is for 360 marks and each question marks for four marks and for every wrong answer one mark is deducted.
After conducting both the January and April exams, a consolidated rank list will be released. In the meanwhile, separate lists constituting of percentile score will be declared. Among Indian nationals, the candidates who secure a rank in top 2,45,000 are eligible to appear for JEE Advanced which is entrance gateway for admission to IITs. The rank list of DASA will be released separately, as informed by the NTA.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form Submission Date: The online application to begin at the official website, jeemain.nic.in or nta.ac.in. The official notification will be released in within 15 days, as per officials.
JEE Main Exam Details:
JEE(Main) Exam 2020 has two papers,
- JEE Main Paper-1 (BE /B Tech) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and
- JEE Main Paper-2 (B.Arch. /B.Planning) – Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test -Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on a drawing sheet.
- Candidates may take Paper-1 (B E /B Tech) or Paper-2 (B Arch /B Planning.) or both as per the course(s) they are seeking admission to.
JEE Main score is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and even private engineering and architecture courses. A cut-off will also be released for the candidates to qualify for JEE Advanced exam which is an entrance gateway for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
NTA JEE Mains Exam 2020: Who can appear for this exam
The candidates who have already appeared in the January exam can reappear in this exam and it will not be counted as their second attempt. The examination consists of three divisions that are mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. They are for 25 marks each.
The exams will be conducted in the Computer Based Test (CBT) mode. The BArch exam will be a pen paper-based test only.
After the mains examination, the candidates who score beyond expectations are allowed to appear for the Advanced examination through which they are granted admissions in IITs. Rest candidates can apply in NITs and IIITs only if they do not clear Advanced exam.
Steps to apply for JEE Main April 2020 Exam registration:
- Log on to the official website of JEE (Main) 2020
- On the homepage, search for the link which says “JEE MAIN 2020 April Session”
- Make your log in account
- Login using your credentials and fill the form
- Upload the required documents and pay the application fee
- Click on submit