Instructions to Candidates for JEE Main Exam 2020. Important instructions to Candidates for JEE Main 2020 January Exam. Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Main 2020 examination online application forms will be released by National Testing Agency, NTA on its official web portal. All the eligible candidates, irrespective of their age, can apply for the JEE Main 2020 examinations.
Important instructions for candidates who have appeared in the January exam Or April exam and otherwise are provided below. Important notice was also released by NTA on jeemain.nic.in.
The JEE Main exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency, NTA from January 6 for January exam and from February 7 for April exam, onwards. The examination will be conducted between January 6 to 11for Main I Exam and April 5 to 11 for Main II Exam.
Students who have appeared for January examination can also appear for April examinations to improve their scores. Candidates who still have to download the admit card need to do it now before the last date through the official site of JEE at jeemain.nic.in. The examination result will be out by January 31 for the paper I and for Paper-II and result will be out by April 30. Candidates will have to download the admit card through the official link given below.
JEE Main 2020: Important Instructions for Candidates
- All the appearing candidates need to check a few important instructions before appearing for the exam.
- Download the admit card before the last date to avoid any kind of hassle. Once downloaded, check the details given in the admit card like the reporting time, gate closing time, date of exam, shift timings and venue of the exam. In case of any error, candidates need to immediately contact NTA for correction.
- Take mock tests before appearing for the exam. It is very essential to take the mock tests to increase your speed and to also get acquainted with the question paper of JEE Main 2020 exam. Knowing the types and pattern of questions will help candidates during the time of the exam.
- Candidates need to carry some important documents to the exam hall like their admit card, passport size photo, the government authorized photo identity. In case of candidates belonging to PwD category, the certificate should be carried by them.
- Keep in mind to reach the examination hall before time. Do not be late for the exam. Reach the examination hall 15 minutes before the prior time to avoid any traffic jam on the way.
- Candidates should not be allowed to carry electronic devices, bags, eatables in their bag. Keep a check that you do not carry all these things with you to the examination hall. The examination hall may not have a provision for a locker at the centre to keep your belongings.
JEE Main 2020 January Exam dates:
JEE Main 2020 January Registrations: September 2 to October 10
Download JEE Main 2020 January Exam Admit Cards: December 6
JEE Main Exam Dates: January 6 to 11
Declaration of JEE Main Result By January 31
JEE Main 2020 April Exam dates:
JEE Main 2020 April Registrations: February 7 to March 7
Download JEE Main 2020 April Exam Admit Cards: March 10
JEE Main Exam Dates: April 5 to 11
Declaration of JEE Main Result By April 30
All the candidates who are applying for the JEE are required to apply on the official website jeemain.nic.in. Under NTA, JEE Main would be conducted twice – in January referred to as “JEE Main I” First Attempt and in January called “JEE Main II” Second Attempt. Students can choose to appear in either or both of the examinations. In case a student wishes to appear for both the examination, then the better of the two scores or NTA scores would be considered while awarding the rank. This is applicable for both JEE Main Paper I and JEE Main Paper-II.
JEE Main 2020 Rank would only be awarded after the JEE Main 2020 examination have been concluded. NTA conducts the JEE Main examination in Computer Based Test mode. The examination is conducted over various batches. Candidates can select any of the batches.
JEE Main 2020 result is decided on the basis of percentile score after due normalization process is implemented. Candidates can calculate their raw score by the help of the answer keys which would be released. The rank would be based on the percentile score.
All the students are advised to carefully decide on whether or not they wish to appear for the JEE Main 2020. The exact number of candidates that would be shortlisted for JEE Advanced 2020 has not been shared by IIT Roorkee yet.
JEE Main 2020 Exam online application form: Important instructions
a. Candidates who have appeared for the JEE Main 2020 examination are required to login to jeemain.nic.in using the same application number.
b. Students appearing in JEE Main exam again would be required to fill the form and pay the application fee as required for all the candidates. There is no exemption in the fee.
c. NTA has released an important notice asking students to ensure that there are no duplicate forms. In case a student/ candidate is found to have duplicate application forms, his/her application would be cancelled and he/she would not be allowed to appear for the examination.
d. JEE Main 2020 Rank would be released after the result for JEE Main 2020 examination. The NTA scores of both the January and April examinations would be compared and not the raw scored. For example, if a student scored 95 percentile in January 2020 with 320 scores (for instance) and a 94 percentile in April 2020 with 324 raw score – then the 95 percentile score of January 2020 would be considered for final ranking.
e. The cut off for JEE Advanced 2020 would be shared after the JEE Main 2020 April examination. Experts, however, expect that the JEE Advanced 2020 cut off may range between 80 percentile mark. This is based on an assumption that about 2.5 lakh students would be shortlisted for the JEE Advanced or IIT JEE examinations.
f. JEE Main 2020 January examination would be conducted between January 9. The result for both JEE Main January Paper I and are expected by January 30 along with the JEE Main 2020 Rank. Students would be able to download the admit cards by December 6 from jeemain.nic.in.
f. JEE Main 2020 April examination would be conducted between February 7 to March 7. The result for both JEE Main AprilPaper I and are expected by April 30 along with the JEE Main 2020 Rank. Students would be able to download the admit cards by March 10 from jeemain.nic.in.