The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) has released the first allotment list for counselling on its official website. The online registration process for the JoSAA began on October 6, and was concluded on October 15, 2020.
Candidates who have registered for the counselling can check the JoSAA allotment results online at josaa.nic.in.
Candidates who have been allotted seats in the first round will have to make the online fee payment and upload all necessary documents online at josaa.nic.in on or before October 19, 2020.
As per the official statement issued by JoSAA, there will be only six rounds of seat allotment conducted in 2020 as opposed to seven rounds conducted earlier. This has been done to ensure that the admission process is over before Diwali and the new academic session starts immediately.
Candidate whose seat has been confirmed by JoSAA can withdraw from the seat allocation process beginning from the 2nd round and before the last round of seat allocation, i.e no withdrawl will be accepted after November 6, 2020.
JoSAA conducts admissions to IITs, National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and other government-funded technology institutes (GFTIs).
First Round JoSAA Seat Allotment Result 2020
JoSAA Counselling 2020 First Round Seat Allotment Result released on josaa.nic.in for JEE Advanced Exam for admissions to IITs, NITs and other institutions.
To check your result, login on the link available on josaa.nic.in. On the new window, enter your application number and password to login to your account. The seat allotment results would be available. Candidates are advised to go through the important instructions provided below.
Joint Seat Allocation Authority who conducted the JoSAA 2020 counselling has released the round 1 seat allotment result online. Candidates who have qualified JEE Main and JEE Advanced and have registered for the counselling process can visit the official website to check the JOSAA Round 1 allotment result.
The JOSAA round 1 seat allocation for admissions to IITs, NITs and other institutions has been released on the official website, the link for which is released josaa.nic.in.
How to check the JOSAA Counselling First Allotment result 2020:
- Visit the official website of JoSAA: JoSAA
- Click on the given link that says, View seat allotment results of round 1
- Enter all the details asked like JEE (MAIN) application number, password and click on submit
- The results will be displayed on the screen
- Check your results and download for future reference
Note: Candidates whose names have been released in the JoSAA Round 1 seat allotment results will have to confirm their admissions to the colleges which have been allotted to them.
First Round JoSAA Counseling 2020 Important dates
- October 5, 2020 Announcement of JEE (Advanced) 2020 Result
- October 6, 2020 10:00 Candidate registration/choice filling for academic programs under JoSAA STARTS; candidates who qualify AAT can fill their AAT-specific choices starting from October 11, 2020 after declaration of AAT result
- October 12, 2020 10:00 Display of Mock Seat Allocation-1 based on the choices filled-in by candidates as on October 11, 2020, 17:00 IST
- October 14, 2020 10:00 Display of Mock Seat Allocation-2 based on the choices filled-in by candidates as on October 13, 2020, 17:00 IST
- October 15, 2020 17:00 Candidate registration and choice filling for academic programs under JoSAA ENDS
- October 16, 2020 Reconciliation of data, verification and validation of allocated seats
- October 17, 2020 10:00 Seat Allocation (Round 1)
JOSAA: The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2020 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions to 107 institutes for the academic year 2020-21.
This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform.
Students should check the result/ list on the website. In case students accept the allotment result, they are required to report to the regional IIT or NIT/ other institute for document verification. Check List of Reporting centres along with addresses for NITs, IIITs and GFTI’s. For List of Reporting Centres for IITs.
Students must carry the required documents for verification to the centres. Please note, students must carry the original documents as well as a copy. The last day to present themselves for the document verification and closing admission. Students who have been allotted a seat in an institute but does not go to the reporting centre cannot later claim that seat.
For students applying for IITs, they are also required to provide their Class 12 mark sheets and certificates. Kindly note that there is a requirement of Top 20 percentile for the candidates seeking admission in IITs. In other words, students are required to have scored a certain minimum marks in their qualifying examination to be eligible for admission to the IITs.
The Top 20 percentile cut off for IITs of all the State Boards, CBSE and ISC is provided on the official website josaa.nic.in. The link is provided here for checking. For Top percentle cut off for the JEE Main or admission to NIT’s, students are advised to check their respective state boards for the list.JoSAA Counselling