NMMS Exam for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship, NMMS means National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme. This is a centrally Sponsored NMMS Scheme, it is prosed to award 1,00,000 scholarships to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources.
This scholarship will be provided quarterly to the students studying as regular students in class IX in government, local body, and government-aided schools. The scholarships will be paid from class IX till class XII for a maximum period of four years.
In this connection Director of Government Examinations Board, Both Sates of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana State have issued the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMS) Examination Notification 2016 for Class VII on in the month of August 2016. Both Governments invite the applications from the eligible students for awarding of NMMS Scholarship.
NMMS Exam 2020 – Details
|Name of the Exam Name||NMMS Exam 2020|
|Exam conducting Agency||Department of School Education & Literacy|
|Title||NMMS Exam 2020 for getting Scholarships under National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Abbreviation||NMMS Exam 2020|
|Full-Form||National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) Exam|
|Name of the Department||MHRD|
|Category||Scholarships / Exam|
|Scheme Closing Date||31-10-2020|
Under the #NMMS scheme, the students studying VIII Class during the year 2016-17 and VII Class Pass out for the year 2015-16 are eligible to write the Examination. The scholarship will be awarded to the selected students from class IX and continues till class XII @ Rs.6000/- per annum.
The main objectives of the scheme are:
1) To award meritorious students who are studying in High Schools under Government/ Zilla Parishad/ Municipal /Private Aided Managements whose parental annual income is below Rs. I,50,000/-.
2) To arrest dropouts at Class VIII and to encourage those students to continue their studies till class XII.
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme Exam Notification 2016 Synoptically the method adopted by the Government to implement the scheme is as follows:
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of performance in examination to be held in November from 10.00 A.M. to 1 .00 P.M. in all revenue divisions in the state.
State reservation norms will be implemented for the award of scholarships in each district (a caste certificate from Mandal Revenue Officer has to be submitted by the candidate as proof in Original).
Eligibility for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship:
1. A candidate who scored at least 55% of marks in class VII examination and has been promoted to Class VIII for the academic session 2016-16. In respect of SC/ST candidates,they should have secured at least 50% or equivalent grade i.e., B+ grade for all categories.
2. The candidate is studying in Government /Zilla Parishad/ Municipal/private aided High School is only eligible to write the examination.
3. Students, whose parental annual income is below Rs. 1,50,000/- from all sources is eligible to appear for the examination (an Income certificate from Mandal Revenue Officer has to be submitted as proof In original), In case of Government employee salary certificate will be enough as a proof of income issued by the employer.
4. The students studying VIII class in AP/ Telangana Residential High Schools, AP/ Telangana Social Welfare Residential Schools, AP/ Telangana Tribal Welfare Residential High Schools, Government Ashram High Schools and Kasturba Residential Schools, Model schools with the residential facility, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, Kendriya Vidyalayas and in Private unaided Schools are not eligible to appear for the Examinations.
5. The candidate has also to submit the original caste certificate (issued by the MRO) to the Headmaster.
6. Candidate has also to submit the Original VII class Pass Memo of Marks to the Headmaster.
7. The candidates of Aadhaar districts shall have to furnish Aadhaar Number compulsorily, otherwise, the application will be rejected. Examination Pattern: It comprises two parts, namely (i) Mental Ability Test (MAT) and (ii) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) covering social sciences, sciences, and mathematics of classes VII & VIII. MAT &SAT will have 90 multiple choice questions each and each question will carry one mark. 30 minutes extra per each session will be provided for Physically disabled candidates.
- For General and Backward Caste Students- Rs.100/-
- For Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Students – Rs.50/-
The examination fee has to be remitted through Demand Draft in favour of “DIRECTOR OF GOVT. EXAMS., AP.,/TS HYDERABAD” in State Bank of India Or in State Bank of Hyderabad only. The Headmaster can collect the fee from all the students of his school (those who desire to appear) and obtain consolidated DD from the bank, but in such cases, a list of the candidates with caste and amount is to be enclosed along with the Nominal Rolls.
Date of NMMS Examination:
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme(NMMS) examination to be held in November from 10.00 A.M. to 1 .00 P.M. in all revenue divisions in the state.