CBSE CTET 2020 Online Application released on ctet.nic.in and details are provided on CTET 2020 Online Application form and How to Apply. Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE has started the Central Teacher Eligibility Test, CTET 2020 online application on ctet.nic.in. CTET notification 2020 was released in January. This would be the 14th edition of the CTET examination. Last date to apply for CTET 2020 is February 20, 2020.
CBSE CTET 2020: The Central Board of Secondary Education has started inviting online application for conduct of the 14th edition of Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2020. The test will be conducted in twenty (20) languages in 92 cities all over the country.
The detailed Information Bulletin containing details of examination, syllabus, languages eligibility criteria, examination fee, examination cities and important dates will be available on CTET official website www.ctet.nic.in.
The aspiring candidates are requested to download the Information Bulletin from above mentioned website only and read the same carefully before applying. The aspiring candidates have to apply online only through CTET website www.ctet.nic.in. The online application process will start by above-mentioned date onwards. The last date for submitting online application on t above-mentioned date.
CTET July 2020 Important Dates:
1. The date for Submission of on-line Application: 24-01-2020 to 24-02-2020
2. CTET 2020 – Date of Examination: 05-07-2020
CTET 2020 Eligibility Criteria Modified: Candidates who are B.Ed qualified and have applied for Paper-II can now apply for Paper-I as well.
CBSE is scheduled to organize the Central Teacher Eligibility Test i.e. CTET 2020 in two slots viz Paper-II – 9:30 am to 12:00 pm and Paper-I – 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm, for candidates aspiring to serve as teachers for Class I to VIII in schools that come under the purview of the Central Government (KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc) and schools under the administrative control of UTs of Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu and Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and NCT of Delhi..
Score obtained in CTET by appearing candidates will be applicable for recruitment in Central Government schools like Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, KVS, Navodaya Vidyalaya Sangathan, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc. and also in the schools under the administrative control in National Capital Territory of Delhi and Union Territories – Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Daman and Diu and Lakshadweep.
CTET to be Conducted in 20 Indian Language: CTET has been directed by the Union Minister of Human Resource Development to be conducted in 20 Indian languages this year. The decision came following the criticism received after CBSE decided to do away with 17 languages including Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali and Gujarati from the languages that could be used as a medium of instruction for CTET. Aspiring candidates are advised to keep track of latest updates on CTET 2020 online application on the official website, ctet.nic.in.
Languages for CTET 2020: CTET examination will be held in English, Hindi, Assamese, Bangla, Garo, Gujarati, Kanada, Khasi, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Mizo, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu, Tibetan and Urdu.
CBSE CTET to be held on 05-07-2020 for a candidate to be eligible for appointment as a teacher for class 1 to 8.
Online uploading of scanned images:
Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 to 100 KB
Image dimension of photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height)
Size of scanned signature should be between 3 to 30 KB
Image dimension of signature should be 3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (height)
a. For General/OBC:
Only Paper I or II: Rs 1000
Both Papers I and II: Rs 1200
b. For SC/ST/Differently-abled:
Only Paper I or II: Rs 500
Both Papers I and II: Rs 600
CTET 2020 Online application form: Steps to Check
- Go to the CTET official website – ctet.nic.in
- Click on the link which reads – “Apply Online”
- Fill in the online application form and note down your registration number
- Upload scanned images of latest Photograph and Signature and pay the exam fee
- Take a print of the same for future use
CBSE CTET 2020: Exam Pattern:
- At least two papers of CTET 2020 will be conducted and all the questions in CTET will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), with four alternatives.
- Each question will carry one mark and there will be no negative marking
- Paper 1 is for those who want to apply for the post of teacher for classes 1-5
- Paper 2 is for the candidates who intend to be a teacher for classes 6-8
- It must be noted that a candidate willing to sit for both the posts will have to take both Paper 1 and Paper 2.
CBSE CTET 2020: PAPER 1 and PAPER 2 Syllabus:
Paper 1 will continue for a two-and-a-half-hour and will consist of subjects like – Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1 (Compulsory), Language 2 (Compulsory), Mathematics and Environmental Studies.
Paper 2 will consist of Child Development and Pedagogy, Language 1 and Language 2 which will be compulsory.
Apart from that, Mathematics and Social Studies/Sciences paper will be taken by those who will have opted likewise.
How to apply for CTET 2020:
- Follow these steps to apply for CTET 2020
- (CBSE CTET Registration 2020):
- Log on to CTET official website www.ctet.nic.in.
- Go to the link “Apply Online” and open the same.
- Fill in the Online Application Form and note down Registration No./Application No.
- Upload Scanned Images of latest Photograph and Signature.
- Pay examination Fee by e-challan or debit/credit card.
- Print Confirmation page for record and future reference.
CTET 2020 exam will be conducted in separate sessions for the two papers. The exam will be of two and half hour duration for both the papers respectively.